About the Organization
Cedars-Sinai, a tertiary acute care academic medical center is proud to be on the list of Americas Best Hospitals as ranked by US News and World Report.
The mission of Cedars-Sinai has remained constant for nearly a century. As we begin a new millennium, Cedars-Sinai will continue to honor its ideals and strive to not only uphold its status as a world-class medical center, but to improve it, as well.
Our Mission. Cedars-Sinai Health System, a non-profit, independent health care organization, is committed to:
1) Leadership and excellence in delivering quality health
2) Epanding the horizons of medical knowledge through
3) Educating and training physicians and other health
care professionals, and
4) Striving to improve the health status of our community.
Quality patient care is our priority. Providing excellent clinical and service quality, offering compassionate care, and supporting research and medical education are essential to our mission. This mission is founded in the ethical and cultural precepts of the Judaic tradition which inspire devotion to the art and science of healing, and to the humanistic treatment we give to our patients and staff.
Our Vision. Cedars-Sinai Health System will enhance its position as the leading healthcare provider in the Los Angeles area and rank highly among the nations most respected, admired and trusted healthcare organizations. In fulfilling this role, CSHS will:
1) Attract and enhance relationships with the most
well-qualified, accomplished and respected physicians,
scientists, nurses, other healthcare professionals and
2) Demonstrate excellent clinical quality, service quality
3) Foster a culture of superb clinical and operational
performance, as well as responsive and compassionate
4) Provide distinguished programs and services of
excellence that build upon a tradition of clinical
innovation, biomedical research, medical education
and community service.
5) Remain at the forefront of advances in medicine and
science through a strong, ongoing commitment to
biomedical research and medical education.
6) Provide superior capabilities, facilities and technology
for the full continuum of healthcare services.
7) Attract patients from regional, national and
international markets by providing services directly, as
well as through arrangements with other healthcare
organizations that meet Cedars-Sinai Health Systems standards of quality and service.