About the Organization
Medical Center Hospital (MCH) has proudly served Ector County and the surrounding 17 counties of the Permian Basin for over 60 years. We've come a long way since we opened our doors in 1949, growing from a small county hospital into a prosperous 402-bed regional medical center serving over 100,000 patients annually. While we've seen many changes over the years, some things have remained unchanged. We are still the only full-service hospital in the region, and we still strive to deliver the best care possible for the people of the Permian Basin.
Designated in 1979 as the primary teaching hospital for Texas Tech University's Regional Academic Health Sciences Center, MCH provides resident training in family medicine, obstetrics, gynecology, and internal medicine, as well as nursing and allied health. Over the years, MCH has grown in leaps and bounds both in its scope of services and building capacity. Today, with more than 1,500 employees and 225 physicians practicing in more than 30 specialities, MCH is the second-largest employer in Ector County and is poised for a future of continuing achievement.