About the Organization
Inova is Northern Virginias leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. All five Inova hospitals were awarded 'A' grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova's achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Each of Inovas five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare every time, every touch to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inovas 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginias only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,800 licensed beds.
Leading-Edge Care, Close to Home
Inovas flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. We consistently receive accolades for our high quality of patient care and safety in both national and regional rankings. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Childrens Hospital and Inova Womens Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for Heart, Lung, Kidney and Pancreas.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is an independent academic medical center and serves as a regional medical school campus. We also provide residency and fellowship training programs for physicians both independently and through multiple graduate medical education partnerships, and we partner with multiple schools of nursing and pharmacy.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus at a Glance
- Home to Inova Women's Hospital, the only dedicated womens hospital in Northern Virginia
- Home to Inova Children's Hospital, an award-winning 226-bed facility devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents
- The flagship location of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), we have the region's only dedicated cardiac hospital, housing the most advanced technology and facilities focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease
- Inova Fairfax Hospital offers Northern Virginias only level 1 trauma center for treating the most critically injured patients
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has a robust organ transplantation program, including heart, lung, kidney, and pancreas transplant services
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is consistently recognized for excellence and innovation
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is a teaching facility, serving as a regional medical school campus hosting medical student rotations for VCU and has affiliations with the medical schools at UVA, Georgetown, and GWU
- Our campus is host to a range of graduate medical education programs including both residency programs and fellowships. In addition to six independent Inova training programs, we also partner with Georgetown, GWU, The National Capital Consortium (military program), VCU, Howard and NIH to provide training in a total of 19 specialty training areas
- Site of the VCU School of Medicine Inova Campus and the VCU School of Pharmacy Inova Campus
- We partner with eight nursing schools to provide training to students from George Mason, George Washington, Marymount, Shenandoah, Georgetown, Catholic and Stratford universities as well as Northern Virginia Community College
- We also have partnerships in place with seven schools of pharmacy including Butler, Howard, Notre Dame, Shenandoah, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland and the VCU School