Job ID: 290126767
Last Updated: 3/18/2023
Physician Assistant - Surgery Practice
Pediatrix Medical Group
Expanding Pediatric Surgery-Trauma Program in Dallas with cutting-edge procedures
Generous compensation package including market based salaries
We are seeking an experienced and/or newly graduating pediatric physician assistants to join our growing pediatric surgery practice covering the Dallas, TX metro area.
* Our team of eight experienced pediatric surgeons and three physician assistants work in conjunction with pediatric anesthesiologists to perform inpatient procedures at Medical City Children's Hospital and outpatient procedures at several ambulatory surgery centers.
* Our practice provides coverage for six Level-III & IV NICUs and in-house coverage for Medical City Children's Hospital Level-II, ACS verified, Pediatric Trauma Program.
* The group offers shared call (1:8) and the opportunity to maintain a balanced lifestyle while developing professionally as part of a well-established, highly respected general surgical practice.
* Pediatric Surgical Associates was founded by renowned pediatric surgeon and international authority on conjoined twin separation, Dr. Theodore Votteler.
* The group continues to remain on the cutting edge of pediatric surgical procedures ranging from common hernia surgery to rare surgical procedures like the complex separation of conjoined twins or the new Bascom procedure for pilonidal cysts.
* Work and learn from a well-established group of highly regarded pediatric surgeons who each have over 20 plus years of experience and maintain collegial working relationships within the group and with hospital partners.
Dallas is the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States. This modern city offers residents and visitors alike a chic mystique, great quality of life, affordable housing, a growing economy, vibrant arts and culture and diverse communities for everyone to enjoy. The schools are excellent; in fact, 54 schools in the Dallas-Fort Worth region were featured in U.S. News and World Report's 2014 America's Best High Schools list. There is no state income tax.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
*Must have a Master's Degree and Physician Assistant Certification
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
* Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
* 401(k) with annual matching program
* Advanced and continuing medical education
* Leadership training and advancement opportunities
* Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
* Professional liability insurance
* Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient. We invite you to join the Pediatrix family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/V81Bp6SkWGmezFW48cZLAA
View Full Employer Profile