Job ID: 290079467
Last Updated: 11/29/2021
Pulmonology Opportunity with an Established Group | 1 Hour from New Orleans, LA
Our Lady of the Angels
Join our Growing Team!
OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS HOSPITAL on the Northshore is seeking a PULMONOLOGIST for a full-time employment opportunity in Bogalusa, just minutes from St. Tammany Parish and an hour from New Orleans, LA. This opportunity is for a clinic-based practice and inpatient coverage is optional. Great Primary Care Support. Teaching opportunities through our LSU/Angels Family Medicine Residency.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Attractive and competitive compensation
- Autonomous position and positive culture
- Excellent benefits package with company contribution to 403(b)
- CME and professional fees reimbursed
- Malpractice insurance and tail insurance covered
- EPIC EMR across network (inpatient and outpatient)
- Operational support, training and practice development resources
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility is required
- The Staff Physician provides direct patient care and emergency services in an effort to ensure that patient health care needs are met at all times.
Provides direct patient care in both outpatient and inpatient settings as directed by contract, develops treatment plans, and assesses patient's response to treatment while ensuring that all health care services provided are of the highest quality.
- Provides high quality to patients on an on-call basis and in rotation with other physicians in an effort to ensure that patient health care needs are met at all times.
- Investigates new techniques, practices, and equipment to identify ways of maximizing the quality and efficiency of health care services provided to patients.
- Assists in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs and participates in multi-disciplinary continuous quality improvement efforts. Assists in ensuring that all services provided by the department are performed with compassion, understanding, and respect for others.
- Ensures the appropriate application of the hospital's mission and philosophy and departmental and hospital policies and procedures in a manner that promotes the provision of high-quality health care services and departmental effectiveness.
- Promotes the quality and efficiency of his/her own performance by remaining current with the latest trends in field of expertise through participation in job-relevant seminars and workshops, attendance at professional conferences, and affiliations with national and state professional organizations.
- Collaborates with other physicians in order to ensure the provision of high quality medical care and technologically advanced health care services by the hospital.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, and training sessions in an effort to share his/her own expertise with others and further the quality of education and personal growth provided to new personnel, volunteers, and interning students.
Current unrestricted Louisiana Medical License.
About Our Hospital:
Our Lady of the Angels Hospital is proud to carry on a long standing tradition of healthcare for Washington Parish and surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide quality care close to home, especially to those most in need. We are one of 55 rural Family Medicine Residencies in the nation.
- 92 Licensed Beds
- 16 Room Emergency Department
- 12 Bed Inpatient Behavioral Unit
- Level II stroke
- Labor and Delivery
- Offering 16 Service Lines, Cardiac Rehab, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Inpatient Surgery and Wound Care
About Our Health System:
The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System is a leading health care innovator in Louisiana and Mississippi. We bring together outstanding clinicians, the most advanced technology and leading research to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality and safest care possible.
This commitment is grounded in a history that is more than 100 years old, but reflected today by our strategic vision of transforming healthcare through superior performance and excellent patient care.
As a nonprofit, mission-focused Catholic healthcare ministry, we give special attention to our citizens who are most in need. During the most recent fiscal year, we provided more than $39 million in unreimbursed care and community support to the underprivileged.
Our health system is one of the largest in Louisiana, with hospitals, clinics and physicians located throughout Louisiana and in Mississippi. In fact, we provide care to almost half of Louisianas citizens, and serve in Mississippi's largest metropolitan area. Because of our size and the partnerships we have with other local organizations, we are able to pool our resources and share cost and service efficiencies and learn from each other, thereby accelerating our ability to improve care and solve challenges.
Since our founding in Monroe, Louisiana in 1911, we have been blessed by the guidance of the Franciscan Sisters. Through their guidance and steadfast example, we have committed to assure that we perpetuate their healing ministry for another hundred years. It is a noble purpose we strive to fulfill every day.
Our ten hospitals include:
Our Lady of the Angels in Bogalusa
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge
Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital in Baton Rouge
Our Lady of the Lake Ascension in Gonzales
Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette
Our Lady of Lourdes Women's and Children's in Lafayette
Our Lady of Lourdes Heart Hospital
St. Dominic's Hospital in Jackson, Mississippi
St. Francis Medical Center in Monroe.
Assumption Community Hospital
Following in the footsteps of our founders, the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady, our team members and physicians are called to provide high quality care and compassion to all people, especially those most in need.
As we look to the future of our healthcare ministry, we chart our course by going where we are called.
View Full Employer Profile