Job ID: 290050046
Last Updated: 11/25/2021
Endocrinologist opening in Ft. Wayne, IN - full or part-time available
Britt Medical Search
Health Network seeks a BE/BC endocrinologist to join one other endocrinologist and four advanced practice nurses in a well-established, dynamic and rapidly expanding diverse endocrinology practice in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Practice is part of a well-respected major referral center for northeast and north central Indiana, southern Michigan and northwest Ohio.
- Practice is an outpatient, employed position, full time, 36 contact hours weekly, which work week may be structured 4 or 5 days. Anticipated volume of patients is around 20 daily. Candidates seeking part-time employment may also be considered.
- This practice sees the full spectrum of endocrinological diseases and conditions, including diabetes I and II, gestational diabetes, thyroid disease including cancer, pituitary and adrenal diseases, fluid and electrolyte disorders, diabetes insipidus, calcium disorders and osteoporosis, hypogonadism, neuroendocrine tumors and endocrine hypertension.
- Services provided include insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring systems, radioiodine administration, thyroid US and FNA, DEXA scan interpretation, administration of medications for the treatment of endocrine disorders, and stimulation and suppression testing. Practice has an excellent diabetes educator.
- After hour calls are answered first by the NP, resulting in extremely light call volumes. After hours and weekends may be rotated 1:2 with the present endocrinologist, or each endocrinologist may cover his/her own patients.
- Clinic attached to the hospital, and inpatient hospital coverage is provided by three of the four advanced practice nurses, with backup provided by phone by the endocrinologists. If there is interest, the new endocrinologist may also see hospital patients.
- Practice's four advanced practice nurses have their own independent panels of patients and practice under the supervision of the endocrinologists, and all are highly competent, experienced endocrinology providers.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary guarantee the first year then compensation is based on productivity (wRVUs).A productivity bonus may also be earned over guaranteed salary
- CME allowance
- Commencement bonus
- Quality bonus
- Medical education debt repayment
- Relocation assistance
- Benefits include up to 6 weeks of vacation time yearly, full medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability (ST and LT) and long term care insurance, retirement 401K plan with generous employer match, flexible spending account.
Hospital is a 396 bed tertiary facility located in Fort Wayne, IN delivering healthcare to over 1.3 million residents. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and offers a wide range of services, including: Cardiac Services (cardiac research, open heart, and heart transplantation), Renal Transplant, Oncology, GI/Endoscopy, Pediatrics, OB, Orthopedics, Occupational Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Sleep Lab, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, and Diabetes Treatment Center.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+ and clinical draw of 1.2M
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses, 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking, and 300 lakes within 50 miles
- Family activities: the award winning Children s Zoo and Science Central Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)
How to Apply:
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC213936 and email address to 636-628-2412 for more details.
I have openings nationwide, so when applying please include your CV, all states of interest, and citizenship status: US Citizen, Green Card, J1, or H1 visa.
Position ID: EC213936
View Full Employer Profile