Job ID: 290035301
Last Updated: 10/13/2021
Physician - Emergency Medicine - Per Diem
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity available for a Per Diem BC / BE Emergency Medicine Physician to join our cohesive team at The William W. Backus Hospital, a 213-bed acute care community hospital with a 43 bed / 55,000+ visit Level 3 trauma center in Norwich, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Well balanced 10 hour per diem shifts with a 2 hour overlap between physicians allowing ample time for safe patient disposition, documentation, and turnover
- A well-resourced trauma center, with an additional 22,000 visit stand-alone ED site located 15 minutes away in Plainfield, CT
- An efficient practice model which allows physicians more time with higher acuity patients
- 24hr in house surgery and anesthesia coverage. 24 hr on call interventional radiology, critical care and cardiology. 24 hour hospitalist coverage for admissions and rapid responses on all floors outside the ED
- Professional, team oriented and democratic culture, with very low Provider turnover and steady growth over the past 25 years
- A stable and well tenured ED with efficient and responsive hospital administration
- Fully integrated EPIC EMR system
- The William W. Backus Hospital is the only trauma center in Windham and New London Counties and houses one of Hartford HealthCare s LIFE STAR helicopters and aeromedical crew
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Emergency Medicine Team at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Emergency Medicine Physicians MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER contact Ben Eberly, Physician Recruiter, at Benjamin.Eberly@hhchealth.org OR call/text 860-324-0073.
View Full Employer Profile