Job ID: 290020205
Last Updated: 6/30/2021
Endocrinology Position in the BEAUTIFUL Southwest VA Mountains
Norton Community Hospital
Ballad Health Medical Associates, a division of Ballad Health is seeking a qualified, board certified/board eligible Endocrinologist to join an exciting opportunity in starting Wise/Dickinson and Lee County, Virginias only endocrinology clinic. In addition to building this busy practice, physicians will be given the opportunity to participate on the faculty of nationally ranked Internal and Family Medicine Residency Programs. The practice will be set on the campus of Ballad Health's Norton Community Hospital, a 129 bed facility that is only one of our 21 facilities.
Norton Community Hospital supports a wide range of health care services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, rehabilitation services and much more. We are proud to say Norton Community is recognized for its outstanding inpatient rehabilitation services, a black lung clinic and high-quality imaging technology. In 2016, NCH completed the $13.3 million HealthPlex expansion. The HealthPlex not only has amazing views of the beautiful Southwest, VA mountains; but is a 39,000-square foot facility that includes a wellness center, pharmacy with drive-thru services, occupational medicine, outpatient rehabilitation, cardiac/pulmonary rehab, primary and orthopedic physician offices. Norton Community Hospital is the largest healthcare facility in the coalfield region and provides a wide array of services through highly trained physicians and support staff.
- Be on the ground breaking opportunity of a much needed endocrinology clinic
- Serve as faculty to nationally recognized residency programs, helping to mold and train tomorrows
- Service area includes a population of 75,000 to 100,000 in Southwest Virginia and Southeast Kentucky
- Stunning mountainous location
- Small town living, but with the convenience of an easy, light traffic commute to larger cities
- Regional, moderate sized airport within a short drive
- Home to The University of Virginia College at Wise and Mountain Empire Community College
- Safe, family friendly community
- Excellent public and private schools
- Very low cost of living
- Mild, beautiful weather with 4 very distinct seasons
- An abundance of outdoor activities (golfing, fishing, camping, biking, hiking and more)
Outdoor recreation is plentiful. Norton, VA is a progressive community that still embraces traditional values and is loved adjacent to the majestic Jefferson National Forest. Norton is located approximately 20 miles from the Kentucky line and only 45 miles from the Tennessee state line.
View Full Employer Profile