Job ID: 290020171
Last Updated: 6/30/2021
Pulmonary / Critical Care / Black Lung Clinic Opportunity with Ballad Health in Norton, VA
Norton Community Hospital
Norton Community Hospital, a division of Ballad Health, is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonologist with a background in Critical Care to join its growing Black Lung Clinic in beautiful Norton, Virginia. Provider will join a team that will observe, diagnose, prepare testing and treat patients for diseases of the lung; serve as a consultant to inpatients with pulmonary disease and ICU patients -including rounding, ordering diagnostic tests, medications and other treatment modalities in hospital and clinic located on campus. This opportunity not only allows you to grow as a provider, but expands your skill set by taking advantage of our on-the-job training in the growing field of Black Lung disease. Candidates should possess skills including arterial line placement and bronchoscopies (Critical Care and EBUS experience is a plus).
Highlights of the position:
- No Black Lung experience necessary!
- Strong support staff
- Average number of Black Lung patients per day 5-6
- Work with/teach Internal Medicine Residents
- 12 bed ICU with code team and rapid response team
- Possible Research Opportunity & Future Growth
- Comprehensive benefits package including retirement
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Moving allowance eligible
Norton Community Hospital (NCH), is a 129-bed facility and a part of the 21 hospitals that make up Ballad Health. Our service area includes a population of 75,000 100,000 located in southwestern Virginia and southeastern Kentucky. NCH supports a wide range of healthcare services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, Black Lung, rehabilitation services and much more. Our onsite Health-Plex, a 39,000-square foot facility, includes a Fit-One Wellness Center, Pharmacy offering a drive-thru services, Occ-Med Health Center, Primary Care offices, Orthopedics, Community Home Care, outpatient rehab services and cardiac/pulmonary rehab services.
- Small town living
- Centrally located office
- Easy, light traffic commutes to larger cities
- Moderately-sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly communities
- Excellent public and private schools
- Mild weather and 4 distinct seasons
- Incredible mountain vistas
- Abundant outdoor activities - hiking, kayaking, fishing, golf, camping, biking, etc.
Ballad Health: It's your story. We're listening
View Full Employer Profile