Job ID: 290017580
Last Updated: 11/21/2022
Seeking Emergency Medicine trained Physician for Critical Access Hospital
About Freeman Health System
Located in the southwest corner of the state in Joplin, Missouri, Freeman is a physician-led, locally owned, not-for-profit health system and is well-recognized as the region's epicenter for quality healthcare. Our three-hospital system provides comprehensive healthcare and behavioral services to a service area of 450,000 residents from Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. As a teaching hospital, Freeman also provides medical students and resident doctors the opportunity to study with our high-caliber physicians. We are continually expanding and searching for talented, qualified professionals to join our organization. See yourself in Joplin, Missouri!
- Appreciate an excellent quality of life in Joplin, where a crossroads of culture lies tucked away in the beautiful Ozarks of Southwest Missouri
- As the fourth largest metropolitan area in the state, Joplin maintains the lowest cost of living and highest bang-for-your buck
- A city of 50,000 people (which flourishes to over 200,000 during the workday), Joplin serves as a hub of economic, health and cultural activity for multiple communities in the four-state area
- Spend more time at home with no commute. Beautiful neighborhoods are located within an easy 5-10 minute drive from the clinic and hospital.
- Balance work with an active lifestyle with activities including golf, tennis, numerous gyms, running, and hiking the scenic chert bluffs
- Enjoy easy access to nearby streams and lakes for fishing, kayaking and boating
- Multiple preK-12 options exist to make sure young minds have the opportunity to thrive. Choose from public, private and parochial schools, local colleges and a state university.
- Become a valued member of a diverse, growing medical hub with Kansas City University-Joplin's medical school and their 160+ students enrolled per year. A future dental school will open on KCU-Joplin's campus in 2023!
Our Emergency MedicineOpportunity
- Seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Emergency Medicine Residency trained physician
- Experienced physician needed to care for critical access ED
- Clinical teaching resident doctors as well as medical students
- Work in a friendly and collegial environment with an emphasis on quality patient care
- 12 hour shift model with flexible scheduling
- Enjoy a fully integrated healthcare delivery system with large primary care and multi-specialty medical staff
- Excellent benefits package including CME allowance, paid relocation assistance, paid malpractice, tail coverage, and more
- FREE, expert advice from a specialized support team to reduce your student loans
- New, near-site, state-of-the art day care/learning center is available exclusively for children of Freeman employees
- Not-for-Profit, Locally Owned, Nationally Recognized
As the only locally owned, not-for-profit health system in the area, Freeman focuses on meeting the health and wellness needs of those we serve as well as the needs of future generations. Our caregivers, leadership and board of directors play an active role in identifying the health needs of the region.
In 2021, Freeman earned dozens of individual awards for medical excellence and patient safety from CareChex, a quality rating system that helps consumers evaluate healthcare providers. U.S. News & World Report named Freeman Health System the Best Hospital in Southwest Missouri for 2021.
Our mission is to improve the health of the communities we serve through contemporary, innovative, quality healthcare solutions.
Make an impact. Join us in our work to create healthier communities.
For more information, contact:
Bryan Padgett & Bridget Carlton
FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM
View Full Employer Profile