Job ID: 289991968
Last Updated: 7/7/2021
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- The Illinois Neurological Institute seeks a neurohospitalist to lead and further develop our inpatient neurology service in metro Chicago.
- The Illinois Neurological Institute provides the neuroscience care, education and research within OSF HealthCare System, a large Midwestern multihospital group and pioneer ACO.
- The INI is developing an inpatient neurohospitalist service within OSF Little Company of Mary, a 274 bed hospital, certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Center, in Evergreen Park, Illinois. OSF Little Company of Mary serves as an affiliate teaching site for the University of Illinois College of Medicine medical students and residents. The hospital has had a consistent population of stroke and inpatient neurologic patients and now is developing a neurohospitalist service to advance inpatient care.
- The candidate should be board certified in general neurology with experience on a busy neurology service and should feel comfortable managing all variety of inpatient neurologic conditions, including stroke and non-operative intracerebral hemorrhage.
- The neurohospitalist will be responsible for serving as a liaison to ICU and internal medicine teams, who are in-house 24/7, as part of the typical consultative management of hospital-based neurologic conditions.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile