Job ID: 289974029
Last Updated: 7/7/2021
Core Faculty Emergency Medicine Physician
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
The Department of Emergency Medicine at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, a major academic hospital and affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP), in Peoria, IL, is actively recruiting full-time BC/BE Emergency Physicians for Core Faculty positions in the UICOMP Emergency Medicine Residency Program. The residency program has been continuously accredited since 1984 and is a PGY1-PGY3 program that has recently expanded to 14 annual resident physicians. The program is also home to a Simulation Fellowship and recently approved Ultrasound Fellowship. EM Core Faculty physicians are employed by OSF Healthcare and receive an academic appointment through UICOMP.
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center for 18 counties and has an annual ED volume of 80,000. The ED is over 60,000 square feet with 57 regular treatment rooms and two additional major trauma/resuscitation rooms. A 10-room Clinical Decision Unit is also located within the ED. The Life Flight helicopter program is among the busiest aero-medical program in Illinois (four aircraft with 2,100+ flights annually). A 12 bed pediatric emergency department is located adjacent to the main ED. OSF Saint Francis Medical Center also serves as the resource hospital for emergency medical services along with 78 agencies for north central Illinois.
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 5 weeks paid vacation per fiscal year
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile