Job ID: 289974023
Last Updated: 7/7/2021
Thoracic Surgeon Physician
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- OSF Cardiovascular Service Line is actively recruiting a board eligible/certified thoracic surgeon for a position within the OSF cardiovascular service line. Since its inception in 2003, the Thoracic Center of Excellence has expanded to include clinical research, publications, a patient education guide and video, education conferences, and collaboration with other institutions.
- Typical volume includes 300-350 cases a year. Cases include Tracheal resections, VATS lobectomies, Esophagectomies Pneumonectomies, as well as multiple thoracoscopies, rigid bronchoscopies, and esophageal perforations. The entire scope of thoracic surgery should be anticipated, with the exception of lung transplantation.
- Beginning in 2006, the Center has been involved in an initiative to improve the quality of patient care by collecting outcome data to report to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons national database. Our Thoracic Center of Excellence was ranked firstin the country for risk-adjusted outcomes for major lung resections the last time centers were given a rank number. Since that time we have ranked in the top decile for major lung resections as we continue to pursue excellent patient outcomes.
- OSF HealthCare consists of thirteen hospitals and medical centers, one long-term facility and two colleges of nursing. The cardiovascular service line consists of 3 CV Surgeons, 4 cardiothoracic surgery physician assistants, and over 55 Cardiologists. You will walk into a progressive practice that will be busy from day one with a primary care referral base of 300+ providers.
- OSF HealthCare was selected as a NextGeneration ACOs by the Innovation Center of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. OSF was recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the best employer in the state of Illinois and as number 46 best employer nationally.
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center located in Peoria, IL is a 625-bed facility is a Level 1 Trauma Center and home to the Childrens Hospital of Illinois. The Medical Center acts as a regional tertiary and quaternary referral center and will be the practice location for the successful candidate.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile