Job ID: 289974004
Last Updated: 5/4/2021
Academic Urology Physician
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- This physician would be responsible for laying the groundwork to launch a successful Urology Residency program in conjunction with the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria (UICOMP).
- Option exists for a general urologist with interest in robotics, cystectomies or cancer related diagnoses. Plans are underway to construct a regional Comprehensive Cancer Center on the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center campus.
- High quality medical services using robotic and laparoscopic surgical skills. Two daVinci robotics available for use at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Illinois.
- Referral support from a large multi-specialty group and robust hospitalist group.
- OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center is the fifth largest medical center in Illinois. A major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria, OSF partners with both residency and fellowship programs. It is the areas only Level 1Trauma Center.
- The University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria is one of four campuses that make up the nations largest public medical school.The campus educates about 240 medical students annually and nearly 300 physicians in 20 residency and fellowship programs.
- In partnership with the world-classJump Simulation, take part in OSF Innovation, an initiative that was created as a means to embrace change and take on the largest health care challenges.
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- Peoria, the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of Chicago and St. Louis, offers a range of residential opportunities whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods, along the river or right in the heart of the city.
- Peoria is a city with caring Midwest values and home to professional hockey, baseball, a number of performance venues, museums, art galleries and more than two dozen historic landmarks of both local and national fame.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile