Job ID: 289973968
Last Updated: 5/4/2021
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- The department of pediatrics, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, is seeking a board certified pediatrician or internal medicine physician with expertise as a clinical geneticist to serve as a full-time member of the faculty at the level of assistant/associate/professor.
- Provide outpatient diagnostic and management services for patients in the region with genetic disorders or undergoing genetic testing and provide inpatient consultation for children with inherited disorders or dysmorphologies.
- As a Catholic health care organization, partnering with physicians who practice NFP guidelines is essential to our core beliefs and Mission.And with four FertilityCare Centers located throughout OSF HealthCare we can provide the resources you need to succeed.
- Coordinate the efforts of related professionals to assure continuous availability of services.
- Monitor and take steps to enhance the quality of genetic services delivered.
- Develop and work on educational programs and activities for medical students and residents in relation to clinical genetics.
- Maintain a spirit of inquiry and scholarship in the activities of the genetic service.
- Perform administrative duties and University service as assigned.
- Some travel may be required between healthcare facilities.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
- EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile