Job ID: 289973964
Last Updated: 5/4/2021
Child Abuse Pediatrician
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- The Department of Pediatrics of the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) seeks a Child Abuse Pediatrician for a position as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, depending upon experience, to enhance an important clinical program.
- The candidate must hold an MD/DO degree, be BC/BE in Pediatrics and hold or be eligible for an Illinois physician license. BC/BE in Child Abuse Pediatrics is strongly preferred but open to general Pediatricians as well. Candidates with strong interest and knowledge in child abuse pediatrics are desired. This is a faculty position, and as such requires providing clinical care, teaching medical students and residents, research and scholarly activities. This opportunity provides the medical sophistication of a major referral center, as well as cultural diversity, in a family-oriented community with a reasonable cost of living.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide clinical services (inpatient and outpatient).
- Participate in teaching medical students, residents and other health professionals.
- Conduct clinical and/or basic research in the field of Child Abuse Pediatrics.
- Provide court testimony.
- Provide consultations for multidisciplinary team members.
- Participate in local, regional or national child abuse activities.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile