Job ID: 289973962
Last Updated: 5/4/2021
Pediatric Palliative Care
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- The Childrens Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center (SFMC) and the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) invites applications for a Medical Director of Pediatric Palliative Care. The Medical Director will provide medical direction and leadership for CHOI and the OSF Childrens Service Line. This individual will also be the Head of the UICOMP Department of Pediatrics Division of Pediatric Palliative Care.
- The Director will provide palliative/supportive care consultation in both inpatient and outpatient settings and provide clinical and educational expertise within the pediatric supportive care clinical team. The Director will oversee pediatric supportive care services, including both the medical management and counseling components, providing general oversight and ongoing development of the service. The Director/Head will be responsible for ensuring the continued integration of pediatric supportive care services, including furthering supportive care services and pediatric hospice program development. This physician will participate in overall clinical performance measurement, collaboration and coordination with other physician services, strategic planning, meeting academic requirements, and collaboration with stakeholders from CHOI, OSF SFMC and UICOMP.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, quality-oriented physician leader to join a highly respected Childrens hospital and university program. The Director will partner with a well-established and successful Supportive Care Counseling Program and work closely with an expanding Home Health and Hospice Service, including a recently established Hospice Home. The position offers a unique development opportunity to facilitate the growth of a comprehensive pediatric palliative care program in Central Illinois to improve the lives of children and families impacted by complex illness. The Medical Director of Pediatric Palliative Care will oversee the hiring of an Advanced Practice Nurse, a position to be filled after the search for the Director has been completed
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile