Job ID: 289973951
Last Updated: 7/7/2021
OSF HealthCare/OSF Medical Group
- OSF HealthCare is recruiting a Gastroenterologist for a growing practice position in Urbana
- Physician will be clinically based, with hospital consultations at OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center
- H1B visa eligible site
- Physician support from Bloomington GI physicians
- Advanced Practice Provider support.
- EPIC EMR
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is a 206-bed comprehensive health care facility serving the residents of Urbana, Illinois, and surrounding areas.
- Though Urbana, population 41,000, is considered a small town, the combined population of the Urbana-Champaign population is just shy of 150,000. The community provides the amenities a metropolitan city would offer, including outstanding restaurants (named best food town in the Midwest!), a variety of recreational activities and unique shopping experiences.
- Urbana-Champaign is within three hours of Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
- Home of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, ranked the 14th best public university in the nation and 32nd globally, includes a medical school with teaching opportunities.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Urbana has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with the University of Illinois being the largest employer in the area.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
View Full Employer Profile