Job ID: 289899976
Last Updated: 9/3/2020
Certified Surgical Technologist
To perform scrub duties and assist in the nursing care of the surgical patient before, during and after the surgical procedure.
Apply today: https://wchnprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1444/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=4B
1. Provides a safe, efficient, and supportive environment for the surgical patient.
2. Applies the knowledge of normal pathological anatomy and physiology & the actions of pharmacologic agents in order to individualize patient care.
3. Applies principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner to provide optimum patient care. This includes respect of the patient's right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
4. Prepares and knows the specific uses of all equipment & supplies used for surgical procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of the step by step progress of specific surgical procedures & display dexterity in the use of the required instrumentation.
5. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon in order to expedite the procedure, thus minimizing the patient's exposure to surgical and anesthetic stress.
6. Develops and improves skills in the organization of work & in assisting the surgeon in learning to use economy in time, motion & materials.
7. Identifies emergency situations and uses judgement in instituting established procedures to respond to emergencies in a calm & efficient manner.
8. Completes a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education per year, and maintains certification. Completes preceptor training & demonstrates the ability to perform one-on-one instruction for all students & staff learning the scrub role.
9. Participates in providing in-servicing to other staff relative to role as surgical technologist.
10. Functions efficiently and in a professional manner in all aspects of surgical care, during both routine & special duties, recognizing the importance in teamwork, consideration & cooperation.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Surgical Technologist Certification.
Minimum Experience: one year
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
View Full Employer Profile