Job ID: 289884965
Last Updated: 8/3/2021
Geriatric Medicine Physician - College Station, TX
Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a board certified or board eligible, fellowship trained Geriatrician to join an outstanding Geriatrics program, preferably BC/BE in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatric Medicine. The Geriatrics physician will provide direct patient care. This is an employed position with a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, a comprehensive benefits package and no state income tax.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in working with a team of physicians and APPs, serving a population primarily 65+ years of age. This also includes frail elderly, palliative/hospice patients, short term rehab patients and chronically ill patients.
Candidate will also be interested in process improvements, change leadership management, with a teamwork approach to care and teaching/mentoring. Also, this role will practice independently among a healthcare team and with support of a very collegial team of specialists. Finally, this role will require comfortable with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patients needs.
- Responsible for quality of care, clinical outcomes, and resource utilization for patients within contracted skilled nursing facilities, assisted living communities and home environment.
- Develop positive interactions with patients, families, other provider teams, administrators, home health agencies and nursing support teams.
- Region: Bryan/College Station-Rotation between 6 contracted Skilled Nursing Facilities and 8 Assisted Living communities. (Mileage may be reimbursed)
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8a-5p. No holidays.
- Call: Approximate 1 week (Mon-Mon) a month with flexibility (additional compensation and may be less often as the team grows.)
- Average Daily Patient Census: Variable
Location/Facility: Baylor Scott & White Health Clinic-College Station, TX
For more information on the facility, please visit:
Benefits: Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
About College Station, TX:
Say Howdy! to Bryan College Station (BCS), a bustling college town steeped in rich traditions, full of fun attractions and excellent eateries, and home to thousands of friendly folks. Widely known as the stomping grounds of the Fighting Texas Aggies of Texas A&M University, the college is something of an institution here in the Lone Star State.
There is something for everyone in BCS-from the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum to the Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra to parks, wineries, breweries, restaurants, and cool stores. Numerous times over, Kiplinger has ranked College Station as one of the nations best places to raise a family because of its low crime rates, affordable housing, and top-ranked school system.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, its accepting a calling!
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
View Full Employer Profile