Job ID: 289860674
Last Updated: 7/16/2020
Extended Hours Family Medicine Physician - New York, NY
One Medical - New York
New York, NY ,
One Medical is a unique primary care group delivering the highest-quality care and service available, and offering providers deeply gratifying and sustainable careers with myriad opportunities for professional enrichment. We see fewer patients each day and spend more time investing in longitudinal relationships and thoughtful decision-making. Through advanced technology and a team-based approach, we care for patients around-the-clock without requiring providers to take calls. Were a proudly diverse crew united by humanism, intellectual curiosity, and a powerful mission: redesigning healthcare and bringing world-class primary care to everyone.
- Full time 36 hours per week, in office
What you'll be working on:
-You will be responsible for managing patients acute care concerns
-Common concerns and procedures include: URI, bronchitis, chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, acute mental health concerns, pelvic exams, STI diagnosis and treatment, laceration repair, I&D (abscess, bartholin's and pilonidal), splinting, ingrown toenail removal.
-Patient management of both adult and pediatric patients, down to about 1 year olds.
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited Family Medicine or Medicine/Pediatrics residency program
- Practiced at least 2 of the last 5 years in an outpatient primary care setting seeing all ages (0+), or have completed a Family Medicine or Medicine/Pediatrics residency program in the last 5 years
- Board certified in Family Medicine or Medicine/Pediatrics, or Board Eligible with plans to obtain board certification within 1 year of your One Medical start date
- State licensed in New York, obtained before your One Medical start date
-Ability to work a evenings and weekends
-Ability to work at least 3 holidays a year
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
We have partnered with Mount Sinai in New York City. Your submission to this job post might be shared with Mount Sinai. By applying, you acknowledge and consent to this.
View Full Employer Profile