Job ID: 289769820
Last Updated: 10/21/2019
Is THIS the surgery job you've been looking for??
Great River Health System
Big City Medicine Without the Traffic!
Our docs love it here for different reasons. Some lovethe 7 weeks off and the ability to travel the world. Others lovethe AMAZING gym right down the hallway from their clinic. Many of them love the fact that we have no local competition, but are big enough to have almost all specialties. Some love the four seasons here in Iowa. Others love the rock climbing tower in our gym. Many of them love their staff and patients so much, they couldn't imagine working anywhere else. Lots of them love the open door policy with administration. Almost all of them love how easy life is here in Burlington, but how "big city" the health system is. What would you love about working here? Lets find out!! We are looking for a BC/BE General Surgeon that has the vision and motivation to help grow our program here at the award winning Great River Health System in Burlington, IA. We have been ranked as a Top 10 Employer the past three years in Iowa and are the regions largest employer with over 2000 employees. You'll find a comfortable mix of bread and butter surgery as well as some vascular and thoracic surgery if interested. You'll also benefit from Burlington being a truly competition free marketplace with earning potential in the upper $600k's. We are not only the largest General Surgery group in the immediate area, but one of the most respected groups in the entire region.
- Opportunity to practice in an independent, financially sound, state of the art facility.
- Lucrative total compensation pkg in upper MGMApercentiles with incentive package to reward production
- Paid malpractice, signing bonus, relocation assistance, and retirement plan.
- Fully paid Health Care insurance!
- Work in one of the least litigious states with an excellent patient and payor mix. Iowa was recently named the most affordable state to live in!
- Excellent communication and support from administration
- A 380 bed independant, regional,financially stablehealth system
- Over 140 providers on staff and 2700+ employees largest employer in the area and ratedas a"Top Workplace"in Iowaby the Des Moines Register!
- Production based compensation model enables you to be on equal footing with your partners from day one
- Board certified emergency medicine physicians available 24/7 to staff the ER
- 24/7 IM-Hospitalists to support you in the hospital and ICU
- 7 Weeks Vacation/ full benefits / malpractice insurance / $10k for relocation and potential loan forgiveness as well as sign on bonus
- 1:4 call rotation
- Free use of our fully appointed gym connected to the clinic with locker rooms, fitness classes and arock climbing tower!
- A vibrant, safe and charming riverfront community with excellent public and private educational and recreational options for families.
- An easy drive toChicagoandSt. Louisand 1hr drive to University of Iowa in Iowa City. Daily flights to both St. Louis and Chicago and Amtrak to Chicago.
Plenty of outdoor fun with 11 municipal parks, a water park and waterfront recreation as
View Full Employer Profile