Job ID: 289698074
Last Updated: 10/22/2020
Gastroenterology Opportunities with Norton Gastroenterology Consultants in Louisville, KY
During the DDW annual conference representatives from our practice will be meeting with candidates. Contact Amanda Bailey 502 439 5144 to set up a time to discuss.
Norton Gastroenterology Consultants of Louisville, Kentucky, is recruiting full-time board-certified or board-eligible general gastroenterologists to join its growing metropolitan practice. Established more than 30 years ago, this group is an integral part of Norton Medical Group, the employed physician practice division of Norton Healthcare. Currently, six dedicated physicians and three experienced nurse practitioners cover two facilities, Norton Brownsboro Hospital and Norton Womens Childrens Hospital. The physicians have great relationships with hospitalists, intensivists and emergency room physicians at each facility, so nighttime call coverage is kept to a minimum. The highly successful practice is currently scheduling patients one month out.
About the positions
- Large referring network comprises more than 900 primary care providers and specialists
- Work schedule includes a combination of office and hospital consultation work, together with daily block scheduling for a full array of state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal procedures
- Small bowel capsule endoscopy, breath testing and SmartPill technology are available
- Call coverage is split among physicians in the practice
- Training in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is preferred but not required
- Competitive salary with opportunities for production bonus compensation
- Norton Healthcare employee benefits, including paid malpractice insurance and retirement contributions
- Electronic medical records system (Epic) integrated into 100 percent of Norton Healthcare practices and hospitals
Requirements for the position
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
About Norton Healthcare
For more than 130 years, Norton Healthcares faith heritage hasguided its mission to provide quality healthcare to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leader in servingadult and pediatric patients from throughout Greater Louisville, Southern Indiana, the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. The hospital and health care system is the Louisville areas third largest private employer, providing care at more than 250 locations throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 licensed beds; seven outpatient centers; 14 Norton Immediate Care Centers; more than 14,000 employees; more than 900 employed medical providers; and approximately 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Hospitals provide inpatient and outpatient general care as well as specialty care including heart, neuroscience, cancer, orthopedic, womens and pediatric services. A strong research program provides access to clinical trials in a multitude of areas. In 2017 Norton Healthcare was named by Healthiest Employers as the sixth healthiest place to work in the country. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com.
Living in Louisville
While Louisville is probably best known for being the home of the Kentucky Derby, the city also combines a vibrant and affordable Midwestern lifestyle with an acclaimed arts community, a passion for sports and a wide array of spiritual, cultural and recreational options. Louisville is situated along the Ohio River and is home to 18 Frederick Law Olmsted-designed parks. The city also boas
View Full Employer Profile