Job ID: 289590764
Last Updated: 6/25/2018
Clinical Informatics Marketing Manager
Accepts J-1 Visas
QIAGEN Bioinformatics is the worldwide leader in software solutions for genomic data analysis and interpretation. We are building new capabilities at the cutting edge of precision medicine, and are looking for a creative, data-driven, Clinical Marketing Manager to power our expansion.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns that communicate the clinical value proposition of QIAGEN Bioinformatics products, services and technologies. In this role, youll develop market programs that maximize awareness, educate and motivate customers, generate demand, and enable sales teams to sell effectively. Youll drive close partnerships with colleagues from product management, global and regional marketing, and sales across all of QIAGENs business areas to deliver our products into clinical labs worldwide. In addition, you will work directly with key customer champions and strategic partners to maximize product adoption, and youll own co-marketing of bioinformatics solutions with QIAGENs GeneReader NGS instrument platform.
We are looking for a hands-on marketing professional with solid knowledge of the clinical and NGS marketplaces, and a track record of creative campaign development and execution. This role requires you to become deeply familiar with QIAGENs clinical informatics products, services, and knowledge base. You must have fluency with software product marketing, clinical and scientific concepts, and in-depth knowledge of metrics-driven marketing. You will also possess strong content development, writing and editing skills, and be able to manage and prioritize marketing programs to meet business objectives.
About the opportunity:
Key responsibilities include:
- Market and Brand Development: Initiate and manage the delivery of coordinated marketing campaigns through selection of effective tactics, creation of marketing collateral, and oversight of campaign results. Identify market segment trends and opportunities, disseminate actionable information on growth opportunities, and work closely with sales and partners to enable effective selling.
- Marketing Content Development: Lead and own the generation of all marketing collateral for clinical bioinformatics products and services. This includes the definition and requisitioning of product or competitive information, benchmarks, proof points and other supporting data from internal stakeholders, and the shaping of this information into compelling, differentiated marketing content. Collateral includes a broad array of marketing assets, such as customer-focused educational materials, digital content, use cases, white papers, press releases and other strategic announcements.
- Salesforce Enablement: Develop and deliver effective applications training programs for the salesforce that emphasize product competitive advantages, sell against strategies and tactics, and supporting application information. Monitor effectiveness of these programs at achieving the necessary product and selling proficiency by account managers to progress customers through the buying process.
- Clinical Segment-specific Marketing: Partner with corporate marketing functions to deliver effective regional- and segment-specific marketing to clinical customer segments and clinical indications (e.g., oncology, hereditary disease, cardiovascular, NIPT, UCS, etc.). Meet or exceed lead generation, market awareness and customer development objectives for existing marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Event Planning: Lead the selection of clinical marketing events, develop the participation objectives and communications strategy, and evaluate post-event success metrics. Working with an event delivery team, coordinate necessary logistics and implementation of the communications strategy.
- Clinical Market Planning: Support the development of the clinical bioinformatics marketing plan to translate QIAGENs short- and long-term strategic marketing initiatives into tactical marketing campaigns. Collaborate with QIAGEN marketing, product management and business area leadership to develop this plan.
- Bachelors degree. MBA or Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience in clinical testing labs and/or managing clinical studies preferred. Degree/certification in clinical genetics, pathology or molecular medicine strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience marketing bioinformatics or software technology into life sciences or healthcare, with at least 2 years experience in the clinical field.
- Demonstrated success in building clinical marketing programs that drive technology product adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact sales and marketing programs on time, within budget, and in support of overall marketing strategy and objectives.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Eloqua helpful.
- Experience with social media as a marketing tool (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, target audience related community sites) strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel, including internationally, approximately 20 - 25% of the time.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including effective oral and written communication with medical professionals, scientists, peers and senior management.
- Strong organization skills and ability to independently set and manage multiple competing priorities while guiding others.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
View Full Employer Profile