Job ID: 289590763
Last Updated: 6/25/2018
Discovery Informatics Marketing Manager
Accepts J-1 Visas
QIAGEN Bioinformatics is the worldwide leader in software solutions for genomic data analysis and interpretation. We are building new capabilities at the cutting edge of precision medicine, and are looking for a creative, data-driven, Discovery Marketing Manager to power our expansion.
About the opportunity:
You will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns that communicate the research and discovery value proposition of QIAGEN Bioinformatics products, services and technologies. In this role, youll develop market programs that maximize awareness, educate and motivate customers, generate demand, and enable sales teams to sell effectively. Youll drive close partnerships with colleagues from product management, global and regional marketing, and sales across all of QIAGENs business areas to deliver our products into genomics labs worldwide. In addition, you will work directly with key customer champions and strategic partners to maximize product adoption.
We are looking for a hands-on marketing professional with solid knowledge of the life sciences and genomics marketplaces, and a track record of creative campaign development and execution. This role requires you to become deeply familiar with QIAGENs discovery informatics products, services, and knowledge base. You must have fluency with software product marketing, life sciences research and scientific concepts, and in-depth knowledge of metrics-driven marketing. You will also possess strong content development, writing, and editing skills, and be able to manage and prioritize marketing programs to meet business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Market and Brand Development: Initiate and manage the delivery of coordinated marketing campaigns through selection of effective tactics, creation of marketing collateral, and oversight of campaign results. Identify market segment trends and opportunities, disseminate actionable information on growth opportunities, and work closely with sales and partners to enable effective selling.
- Marketing Content Development: Lead and own the generation of all marketing collateral for discovery bioinformatics products and services. This includes the definition and requisitioning of product or competitive information, benchmarks, proof points and other supporting data from internal stakeholders, and the shaping of this information into compelling, differentiated marketing content. Collateral includes a broad array of marketing assets, such as customer-focused educational materials, digital content, use cases, white papers, press releases and other strategic announcements.
- Salesforce Enablement: Develop and deliver effective applications training programs for the salesforce that emphasize product competitive advantages, sell against strategies and tactics, and supporting application information. Monitor effectiveness of these programs at achieving the necessary product and selling proficiency by account managers to progress customers through the buying process.
- Discovery Segment-specific Marketing: Partner with corporate marketing functions to deliver effective regional- and segment-specific marketing to discovery genomics customer segments, including academic, pharmaceutical, biotech and government research organizations. Meet or exceed lead generation, market awareness and customer development objectives for existing marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Event Planning: Lead the selection of life sciences and discovery genomics marketing events, develop the participation objectives and communications strategy, and evaluate post-event success metrics. Working with an event delivery team, coordinate necessary logistics and implementation of the communications strategy.
- Discovery Markets Planning: Support the development of the discovery bioinformatics marketing plan to translate QIAGENs short- and long-term strategic marketing initiatives into tactical marketing campaigns. Collaborate with QIAGEN marketing, product management and business area leadership to develop this plan.
- Bachelors degree. MBA or Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience in life sciences research labs and/or managing genomics studies preferred. Degree/certification in molecular biology, biochemistry, or genetics strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience marketing bioinformatics or software technology into life sciences or healthcare, with at least 2 years experience in the discovery field.
- Demonstrated success in building life sciences genomics marketing programs that drive technology product adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact sales and marketing programs on time, within budget, and in support of overall marketing strategy and objectives.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Eloqua helpful.
- Experience with social media as a marketing tool (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, target audience related community sites) strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel, including internationally, approximately 20 - 25% of the time.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including effective oral and written communication with medical professionals, scientists, peers, and senior management.
- Strong organization skills, and ability to independently set and manage multiple competing priorities while guiding others.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
View Full Employer Profile