Job ID: 289590759
Last Updated: 6/25/2018
Site Reliability Engineer
Accepts J-1 Visas
QIAGEN offers industry-leading applications for the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of biological data. Understanding raw data is one of the most significant challenges in modern molecular methods. Our portfolio of powerful tools addresses this bottleneck with innovative applications based on cutting-edge bioinformatics.
Our bioinformatics tools enable:
Analysis, comparison, and visualization of NGS data
User-friendly customization of comprehensive bioinformatics solutions
Hypotheses about novel mechanisms of action underlying patterns in data
Interpretation of upstream/downstream effects of gene expression changes
Enterprise-level handling and curating of NGS data for clinical and biological applications
We are passionate about our people, our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. QIAGEN offers a professional work environment, competitive benefits and values work-life balance.
About the opportunity:
- Provide solutions to complex business problems, requiring sound architectural and software engineering background, strong technical leadership and background in highly scalable web based consumer applications development.
- Design and develop cutting edge web applications and user interfaces.
- Design and develop high performance components/sub-systems for highly scalable service oriented software.
- Use best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
- Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accept programming standards and OOP practices.
- Own the overall quality of your code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
- Produce and maintain technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks.
- In turn you can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges and rewards!
We are looking for highly motivated and talented Site Reliability Engineer to build, deploy, manage, and monitor Production systems using DevOps techniques at QIAGEN. The candidate must have a strong technical background and experience with application support to troubleshoot complex Unix/Linux issues in production, lab, and corporate environments. Strong Unix, (preferably Linux), Web, and Java, and automation experience is required.
- Excellent Unix background; Unix/Linux administration experience a plus.
- Experience with releasing software on a large scale, complex J2EE environment.
- Working knowledge of SCM (software config management) best practices and applications deployed in a hosted environment.
- Experience with of build/release engineering in Unix environment.
- Proficiency in more than one scripting languages (i.e. Unix shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, and/or Python).
- Strong Java expertise is a requirement.
- Experience with automated builds, deployments, troubleshooting to multiple environments, (QA, Staging, Production, etc.) as well as Production Support in an agile environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Hudson/Jenkins, Chef/Puppet).
- Experience with various source control tools (i.e. SVN, Git, Jira, Grasshopper, Fisheye,etc.).
- Working knowledge of complex hosted environments involving load balancers, firewalls, web servers, application servers, databases, routers/switches- Knowledge of Oracle database and PL/SQL a plus.
- Web Application (Java) Trouble Shooting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail; production support experience.
- Ability to lead others and manage complex technical projects/tasks at a detail level in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experienced with working effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Hands on experience with the entire software product development life cycle, including the build, release and QA process.
- The ability to communicate and be a team player.
- The capacity to think on your own and not afraid to take calculated risks.
- Excellent ability to create opportunities to innovate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
View Full Employer Profile