Job ID: 289590749
Last Updated: 6/25/2018
Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Accepts J-1 Visas
Qiagen Redwood City is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease. Our team of interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial researchers, scientists and semantic technologies built industry-leading technology platform. We have used this technology to develop the industry-leading analytic new solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. Ingenuity is a professional work environment, valuing work-life balance.
- Provide solutions to complex business problems, requiring sound architectural and software engineering background, strong technical leadership and background in highly scalable web based consumer applications development.
- Design and develop cutting edge web applications and user interfaces
- Design and develop high performance components/sub-systems for highly scalable service oriented software.
- Use best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
- Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accept programming standards and OOP practices.
- Own the overall quality of your code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
- Produce and maintain technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks.
In turn you can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges and rewards!
- 7+ years of developing web applications.
- Highly proficient in JAVA and strong understanding of multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent grasp of OOP concepts and design patterns.
- Experience analyzing and defining requirements, and translating them into technical specifications and architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS, SOA, OOP, Unix and Java development in a cross platform environment.
- Solid background and experience in Java/J2EE architectural design and development (large scale, distributed web-based SaaS applications).
- Experience with web services (such as Spring and RESTful).
- Experience with relational databases ( including data modeling and performance tuning) and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Development, Integration, and Deployment.
- Knowledge of scalability/performance issues and optimization techniques.
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
- Experience developing highly scalable, distributed backend services for web applications.
- Knowledge of DBMS and database architecture and normalization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and time management abilities.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
View Full Employer Profile