Job ID: 289590748
Last Updated: 6/25/2018
Senior Software Engineer/Staff Software Engineer
Accepts J-1 Visas
QIAGEN offers industry-leading applications for the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of biological data. Understanding raw data is one of the most significant challenges in modern molecular methods. Our portfolio of powerful tools addresses this bottleneck with innovative applications based on cutting-edge bioinformatics.
Our bioinformatics tools enable:
Analysis, comparison, and visualization of NGS data
User-friendly customization of comprehensive bioinformatics solutions
Hypotheses about novel mechanisms of action underlying patterns in data
Interpretation of upstream/downstream effects of gene expression changes
Enterprise-level handling and curating of NGS data for clinical and biological applications
We are passionate about our people, our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. QIAGEN offers a professional work environment, competitive benefits and values work-life balance.
About the opportunity:
1. Design and develop cutting edge web applications and user interfaces
2. Develop software developer kits (SDKs)
3. Design and develop high performance components/sub-systems for highly scalable service oriented software.
4. Use best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
5. Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accept programming standards and OOP practices.
6. Own the overall quality of your code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
7. Produce and maintain technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks.
- 5+ years of developing web applications
- Highly proficient in JAVA and strong understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Excellent grasp of OOP concepts and design patterns
- Experience analyzing and defining requirements, and translating them into technical specifications and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS, SOA, OOP, Unix and Java development in a cross platform environment.
- Experience with Web Services (such as Spring and RESTful)
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Development, Integration, and Deployment.
- Knowledge of scalability/performance issues and optimization techniques
- Experience with source control and issue tracking systems as well as debugging tools
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and time management abilities
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
View Full Employer Profile