Job ID: 289571780
Last Updated: 3/15/2022
East Dayton Health Center
FUNCTION: Provides quality professional medical services to an especially diverse population with special needs in a primary care setting and limited by scope of practice.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
1. Provides care to patients:
a. Obtains and documents medical history and physical exam.
b. Orders labs and procedures.
c. Makes referrals appropriately.
d. Manages medical emergencies.
e. Triages phone calls.
f. Evaluates efficacy of treatment.
g. Documents accurately and appropriately, including phone calls.
h. Formulates assessment and plan.
i. Understands and recommends appropriate community resources.
j. Administers injections and medications.
2. Advocates for patients.
3. Collaborates with designated physician(s).
4. Able to function independently.
5. Able to work flexible hours.
6. On call coverage optional depending upon level of training and functioning.
7. Participates in at least 2/3 of staff conferences.
8. Participates in training.
9. Advises about health and prevention.
10. Provides patient education
11. Participates in QA activities.
12. Participates in data interpretation and integration.
1. Needs good patient relation skills.
2. Needs good teamwork skills.
1. State RN license
2. Completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program
3. MSN unless grandfathered.
4. 2 years experience minimum providing primary care.
5. Prescriptive Authority.
6. Board Certification.
7. Maintain BLS certification.
View Full Employer Profile